Thursday, May 22, 2008

Arnold and The One Liners



Anybody who knows me knows that I consider Arnold a true gift to the world. As a respect to this gift I have decided to dedicate a blog to him.

Just to get it out of the way, if you don’t like his movies, you are wrong (I will give you “Batman and Robin”, though and his non-action movies have been forgotten by true Arnold fans, so I wouldn't even know what a "Junior" was).

Everybody knows “Terminator” and “T2”, but to me the true gem of the Arnold catalogue is “Predator”. It is what I consider the manliest film ever created. A: It has Arnold, which is required to even be considered, B: A dude dry shaves in this film, and if you are a man, then you have to respect that,


(Mac, dry shaving. Just seeing it makes me a man).

C: Carl Weathers, D: The one liners!

Ah, the one liners. Such an important part of any Arnold movie, even if it’s just the simple “I’ll Be Back” that was born in Terminator and went on to become his signature quote. They even made a movie for what seems the sole purpose was to create scenes that could end with an Arnold one liner. This movie is called The Running Man.

The best always seem to come just before or just after Arnold kills somebody.
*Kill a dude with chainsaw? He had to split.
*Stab a dude with a knife? Stick around.
*About to kill a dude with a drill? Screw you.
*Strangle a dude? What a pain in the neck.
*Throw a pipe (not just a small ¼” pipe, but a giant pipe) so hard that it not only goes straight through some dudes body, but also the furnace behind them, thus causing smoke to come out of the pipe? Let off some steam.


(Bennett, before "letting off some steam").

You get the point.

In closing I’d like to say, it is every man’s duty to own Predator, and every woman’s duty to be turned on by a man that owns Predator.

No comments: